Satellite Communication, GPS Tracking, Iridium Phones
How does Blue Sky Network work?
Blue Sky Network has partnered with the Iridium Satellite System to offer our customers the only true global voice, tracking, and two-way messaging solutions in the world. Our aviation, land mobile, and marine Satcom systems provide global coverage using Iridium's system of 66 low-earth-orbiting (LEO) satellites, which allow users to always be connected from anywhere on the globe. Blue Sky Network offers satellite communication equipment, as well as Iridium service plans to accompany the equipment.
What is SkyRouter?
SkyRouter is an interactive web portal that allows users to have immediate access to data on all their transportation assets around the globe. The user-friendly format makes asset management quick and simple.
Why is the Blue Sky Network "kit" concept so important?
Blue Sky Network sells its satellite communications equipment in kits. This means that every Satcom system sold by Blue Sky Network comes with a complete installation package. There's no need to purchase any additional hardware for air, land, or marine tracking. Our kits are packaged to be delivered at the most competitive price in the industry. Blue Sky Network's kit concept provides unsurpassed value, and complete simplicity. It's one-stop shopping.
Are Blue Sky Network Satcom systems portable?
Blue Sky Network offers a full line of satellite communication equipment, designed for the aviation, land mobile, and marine industry. Some packages are designed for fixed-installation, while others are designed for complete portability. While on the aircraft, Blue Sky Network and portable Iridium phones are supported by our single- or dual-channel TSO'd exterior antennas*, tuned to Iridium. For use off the aircraft, Iridium portable satellite phones come with attachable antennas. All that is needed is a clear view of the sky.
How do I know which kit is right for me?
We offer a full range of satellite communication and GPS tracking kits from basic to full-featured, depending on your specific needs. All of our tracking products feature antennas that are tuned for both Iridium and GPS. If you have questions regarding which kit is right for your situation, feel free to call our Customer Service Department at +1 858.551.3894. Our knowledgeable service team members will walk you through the features and benefits of each kit to determine the perfect solution for you.
How do I make calls to/from the Iridium system?
- Example 1 - Originating a call from a landline phone in the United States terminating to an Iridium satellite phone. It does not matter where the satellite phone is located, the dialing is the same.
From the landline phone, dial: 011 8816 XXX XXXXX
011, International Direct Dial (IDD) access code for United States/8816 XXX XXXXX, the MSISDN
- Example 2 - Originating a call from a landline phone outside of the United States terminating to an Iridium satellite phone. It does not matter where the ISU is located, the dialing pattern is the same.
From the landline phone, (i.e. France) dial: 00 8816 XXX XXXXX
00, International Direct Dial (IDD) access code for France / 8816 XXX XXXXX, the MSISDN.
- Example 3 - Originating a call from the Iridium satellite phone (does not matter where the satellite phone is located) to a landline phone located in the United States.
From the satellite phone, dial: 00 1 602-752-XXXX
00, for all outbound calls from the satellite phone/ 1, United States country code/ 602, area code/752-XXXX, actual phone number.
- Example 4 - Originating a call from an Iridium satellite phone (does not matter where the satellite phone is located) to a landline phone located in another country.
From the satellite phone, dial: 00 CC XXXXXX
00, for all outbound calls from satellite phone/CC, country code/XXXXXX, actual number.
- Example 5 - Originating a call from an Iridium satellite phone (does not matter where the satellite phone is located) to another Iridium satellite phone.
From the satellite phone, dial: 00 8816 XXX XXXXX
Is the Blue Sky Network aviation equipment FAA regulated?
All Blue Sky Network antennas* are TSO'd, and all cables and connectors are PMA'd and meet FAA standards for flammability. Blue Sky Network is also a PMA facility, and these products are covered under that PMA.
*Require professional installation.
If I am using the satellite phone while flying, how does ATC contact me?
Any ATC contact will immediately be audible through the headset, even if you are currently talking to someone else on the satellite phone. Although the person you are communicating with will not be muted out, you will always be able to hear ATC.
How do I purchase a Blue Sky Network service plan if I already have an Iridium Satellite Series phone?
If you currently own a Iridium Satellite Series phone that has been updated for Iridium network use, or if you are unsure, contact Blue Sky Network at +1 858.551.3894 to order a service plan or any additional components.
How do I activate Iridium services for my Satcom equipment?
To activate* Iridium services, please have the SkyRouter account administrator complete the steps below. The administrator is the contact name listed on your service agreement. For security purposes, we can only activate on the request of the account administrator.
- Send an email to: Billing@blueskynetwork.com with Subject: Activation Request from [Company Name]
- In your message please specify if you are activating voice and/or data. For voice activations, please include SIM serial number and/or SIM phone number. For tracking and two-way messaging activations, please include IMEI number and serial number.
- Please include a phone number where you can be reached in the event Blue Sky Network will need to contact you regarding your request.
Once the activation is complete you will receive an email notification.*Service activation will usually take 1-2 hours to complete during normal business hours (M-F, 8AM - 5PM PST), but may require additional time if the request is received after normal business hours.