Blue Sky Network will be Closed Monday May 27, 2013 in Observance of Memorial Day
Blue Sky Network's D1000A Iridium satcom tracking kit provides efficient, safe, secure, and global coverage for aviation assets. The FAA and Iridium certified D1000A enables optimized fleet utilization through extensive reporting capabilities and backend analysis tools. When paired with the ACH1000, the D1000A offers the ability to make voice calls and have two-way messaging. Fleet managers can login to SkyRouter, cloud-based tracking Web portal, to maintain, view and communicate with multiple assets simultaneously on a single map from a centralized command center. SkyRouter also enables over-the-air device parameter configuration, such as the reporting interval, allows for two-way messaging and e-mail, and can eliminate routing mistakes by supporting flight information. Reports such as GPS position, take-off/landing, altitude, and on/off gate make it easy for fleet managers to effectively control their aircraft. In aviation emergencies the crew can push a quick position (mayday) button on the control head, which immediately sends an alert to SkyRouter notifying fleet managers that an emergency has occurred.
The D1000A modem unit, designed for fixed installation with a ˝ ATI control head mounted in the cockpit panel - or complete portability - with the control head installed inside the main transceiver unit - integrates an Iridium L-Band Transceiver for data transfer and a built-in GPS sensor for position reporting.
When permanently installed, the modem unit is placed remotely in an avionics bay, while the corresponding control unit can be installed directly into the cockpit control panel of the aircraft. When portable, the two units fit together and weigh about six pounds. The D1000A optionally connects to the ACH1000 control head, adding voice connection to the installation.
D1000A vs. D1000C
Beyond the basic fleet tracking feature set of position reporting, telemetry, and optional use of the ACH1000 control head, the D1000A also adds a built-in or remotely mounted control head. This control head offers an ON/OFF switch, LED indicators for signal and message waiting, and a mayday alert button. The D1000C does not include this control head. The D1000A even offers the ability to connect EFBs, laptops or PDAs for easy two-way messaging via a web-based interface. It is a simple e-mail application that can be used anywhere.
- Near real time flight tracking
- Single-channel antenna Feed for Iridium and GPS
- Internal or panel installed control head
- “Quick Position” mayday alert button
- Two-way e-mail messaging
- Ethernet port for access to internal web-pages
- RS232 port for telemetry data retrieval
- Minimum en-route altitude
- Altitude-based reporting interval
- LED status indication for message waiting, GPS signal, and Iridium signal
- Compatible with ACH1000
- Global Iridium-based satellite tracking
- Automated Flight Following (AFF) compliant
- Utilizes SkyRouter, cloud-based Web portal
- Satellite voice communication and flight information: fuel on board, ETA, travel time (enabled by ACH1000)
- Customized event alerts: take-off and landing, min in-route altitude, power on/off, on/off gate
- Over-the-air device parameter adjustments
- Manual power on/off control
- Quick position (mayday) button
- Certifications: Iridium, PMA (Parts Manufacturer Approval), FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), ANAC (Brazilian Aviation Authority)
- FLEET EFFICIENCY: Real-time notification of asset location and other events that could impact your business; assist in flight planning and efficient deployment of assets; track all assets on one map or track each asset individually.
- POLE-TO-POLE GLOBAL SATELLITE COVERAGE: The Iridium low latency global network is made up of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that provide coverage anywhere in the world.
- ENHANCE LOCATION OF AIRCRAFT: Quick Position (emergency) button, two-way messaging and optional voice capability allow pilots to notify their command center in the event of emergency, when used in conjunction with the ACH1000.
- EASE OF USE AND FLEXIBILITY: SkyRouter Web portal allows users to conveniently access and communicate with all assets.