The HawkEye TOUCH
ADD TWO-WAY MESSAGING AND MORE TO YOUR SATELLITE TRACKING SOLUTION
The HawkEye Touch is a smart display that adds messaging and tremendous functionality to every HawkEye satellite tracking device.
Its two-way text messaging capabilities are performed via a hi-res color LCD with a keyboard display that makes it easy to both send and receive messages.
It is an ancillary product that requires a HawkEye device (5100, 5200, or 5300 dual mode tracking) to operate. It can be installed and fully operational in seconds.
In addition to two-way messaging, it includes:
For immediate notification of emergencies, there is a Quick Position (QPOS) feature on the Touch. The QPOS creates a bright red event notification on SkyRouter that administrators can act on immediately.
A "Way point" button (also known as a GPS Mark) allows operators to mark points of interest to be shared across an organization. It's critical for operators in extremely remote areas where roadside demarcations are difficult to locate.
NAVIGATION AND MORE
On top of all the benefits the HawkEye Touch delivers for tracking, communication, and asset management, it can also function as a trip planner and navigation device, helping operators plan the most effective routes possible.
The HawkEye Touch main menu lets you access the Blue Sky Network messaging application (bsnMessenger), and other features native to the device.
Selecting bsnMessenger from the HawkEye Touch main menu opens up the Blue Sky Network application, which enables the functions in the bulleted list.
- QPOS: emergency alert is sent to SkyRouter that includes location
- GPS Mark: creates a "way point," marking location where pressed in SkyRouter
- Inbox/Compose: standard mailbox functionality; enables you to send an email to anyone
- Trips: Allows operator to view scheduled trips set-up by the home office.
- ShortCode: shorts codes, or canned messages, may be set-up to expedite communication (e.g., pressing the number one on the LCD screen tells an operator that a fuel stop is being made).
The Compose message screen on the HawkEye Touch.